probably because you have sh on the command. Probably better if you pass
the whole directory to jetty.sh restart. Like /apps/servers/jetty/bin/jetty.sh
restart

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 9:58 AM Madushan Chathuranga <
mchathuran...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to restart jetty using an ansible script
>
> bellow is a snippet from my script
>
> ---
>   - hosts: all
>     tasks:
>

>      - name: start jetty
>        command: sh jetty.sh restart
>        args:
>          chdir: /apps/servers/jetty/bin
>
> my inventory file is
> 10.0.18.225 ansible_user=appusr ansible_ssh_private_key_file=/home/ec2-
> user/key
>

> What happens is ansible is able to restart the jetty server as expected.
> but once ansible script done it's execution jetty server stops.
> Any Ideas why this would happen. I don't have the luxury to start jetty as
> a service here 'jetty start'. There are no error or sigkills in the jetty
> logs. ansible also shows Jetty Start : OK in it's stdrr output. Would be
> great if anyone could help me with this.
>
> Thanks.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/ad1172d1-4cc0-4435-98e0-697fad20bfcb%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/ad1172d1-4cc0-4435-98e0-697fad20bfcb%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Jonathan Cha'gara Lozada De La Matta

He / Him / His

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com>

Senior Automation Practice Consultant & Automation CoP Manager

Join the Automation CoP! https://red.ht/autocop
@redhatjobs <https://twitter.com/redhatjobs>   redhatjobs
<https://www.facebook.com/redhatjobs> @redhatjobs
<https://instagram.com/redhatjobs>