Hello All,

I am trying to update a configuration file where there are existing lines
(rules) with special characters (:*[]/\. etc.). In normal scenario, i can
always manually escape all the characters but in this particular case, i
have got pre-populated values in two variables: *var1 *contains the text to
replace and *var2 *contains the new text which needs to be updated instead
of value in var1.

For Example. The following is one sample config file where i want to
replace [monitor://D:\Logs\Org.SNP.Publisher\*]  *to   *[monitor:
//D:\new\path\dir\*]

------------
index = idx_dom_<AIRID>_<APP_NAME>

[monitor://D:\logs\inetpub\logs\LogFiles\W3SVC2\*.log]
sourcetype = /stg/4552/api/iis_logs
disabled = false

[monitor://D:\Logs\Org.SNP.Publisher\*]
sourcetype = /stg/4552/app/Org.SNP.Publisher
disabled = false

and my playbook is getting the variables during run time (using awx
surveys).

---
- hosts: all
  gather_facts: false
  vars:
    *var1:* '[monitor://D:\Logs\Org.SNP.Publisher\*]'
    *var2**:* '[monitor://D:\new\path\dir\*]'
  tasks:
      - name: test unsafe variable in the file
        replace:
          path: /home/anks/yaml/filewithcontent
          regexp: '{{ *var1 *| regex_escape() }}'
          replace: "{{ *var2 *}}"

I have been trying different things like *unsafe!* , *regex_replace()* but
it doesn't seem to work. Could anyone please suggest how can i achieve this?

*Regards,*
*Ankit*