Hello,

What I want to have is one host folder (i.e. Host1) which will contain a
vars.yml that will define the actual ansible_host (i.e. "1.2.3.4"). So, in the
inventory I will need to have:
[GroupA]
host1A ansible_host=Host1

[GroupB]
host1B ansible_host=Host1

where the ansible_host will take the name of the host folder (i.e. Host1) and
will find the actual value for the ansible_host (i.e. "1.2.3.4") from the
vars.yml.
What I understood is that by using the ansible_host variable in the inventory I
have to give the actual value (i.e. "1.2.3.4") and it cannot take let's say a
host alias (i.e. Host1).

Is there any other way to define which host folder to check in order to
retrieve the ansible_host variable?

Best Regards,
Konstantinos