> This piece of code looks good.

> my playbook:
>   key_name: my-key
>       vpc_subnet_id: subnet-02439
>       roles:
>         - s3-create
>       assign_public_ip: yes
>       group:  my-group
>
> This short piece of code looks wrong. Is it part of the same playbook or
role? Did you remove the previous line of the task? Based on these few
lines and your indentation I can't guess what are you trying to do. What
module are you using?

when I run it, I get this:

> EntePLAY [Test creating ec2 instance with Ansible]
>
> TASK [Gathering Facts]
> ***********************************************************************************************************
> ok: [localhost]
>
> TASK [Start New ec2 Instance]
> fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Unsupported
> parameters for (ec2) module: roles Supported parameters include:
> assign_public_ip, aws_access_key, aws_secret_key, count, count_tag,
> debug_botocore_endpoint_logs, ebs_optimized, ec2_url, exact_count, group,
> group_id, id, image, instance_ids, instance_initiated_shutdown_behavior,
> instance_profile_name, instance_tags, instance_type, kernel, key_name,
> monitoring, network_interfaces, placement_group, private_ip, profile,
> ramdisk, region, security_token, source_dest_check, spot_launch_group,
> spot_price, spot_type, spot_wait_timeout, state, tenancy,
> termination_protection, user_data, validate_certs, volumes, vpc_subnet_id,
> wait, wait_timeout, zone"}
>
> PLAY RECAP
> localhost                  : ok=1    changed=0    unreachable=0
> failed=1    skipped=0    rescued=0    ignored=0
> r code here...
>

> I guess you're trying to use the ec2_instance module, but we can see your
hole code, so it's hard to help you

Copy all your relevant lines from aws_s3 and ec2_instance modules here in
your message so we can understand what's wrong.