With the further details exposed by -vvv we can see the error message when
it tried to create the temp folder

sleep: cannot read realtime clock

A quick google search brings up an issue on the WSL repo about this problem
https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/4898. Looks like there are some
workarounds in that post that indicate it's due to a recent package update
that isn't handled by WSL. Ansible has no guarantees that it will work
properly on WSL, while most things are fine you've encountered one of those
edge cases which stop us from officially supporting/testing Ansible on this
platform. There is nothing we can do here but rely on WSL implementing the
POSIX syscalls that Ansible relies on.

Thanks

Jordan