Can anyone point me in the direction of how to setup custom/local facts on
Windows please? not just use fact_path...

Reading the docs I've found so far, it looks like you can't just have a
file with key:value like Linux under the heading [local_facts] for example
(unless you can? but setup doesn't pick up the values when i run ansible
setup against the windows host). The docs/google suggest you need to add
.ps1 scripts to a directory (fact_path DIR) and then get JSON output of the
facts you want to know about.

That sounds ok as it's similar to creating a dynamic inventory, but can
anyone share what the output looks like? Better yet, if anyone knows where
a document is that explains this process that would be great.

Thanks for your help!