Hello,

is there any documentation on why this was deprecated? This breaks close to
all of my ansible roles as well as it results in a full rewrite of the
inventory for all organisations where I use ansible. I'm using
"hash_behaviour = merge"

Most of my inventory resides in dictionaries wich depend on getting merged
on the inventory level. For example I have a "nginx" dictionary with
"vhost" key in it. I depend on all vhosts from all groups a host is in to
get merged. I have something like this for nearly all my roles. I could
rewrite my playbook to merge all dictionaries with a group prefix using the
combine filter (or similar workarounds) prior to including any roles. But I
think this results in much less readable playbooks and it definitly results
in multiple person days of work...

The other option I look into is writing a custom inventory plugin to always
deep merge dictionaries with the same name, kind of resulting in the
current behavior.

Anyone else with a similar problem or some insight on why this was changed?
I was realy taken by surprise when I saw this message. If i could choose,
I'd prefere deepmerge as default over "replace". It results in better split
up inventories and more seperation of data in multiple files. "Replace"
always seemed kind of useless and less useable to me.

Best regards,
nd