I think the more important question here is what are your win_shell
commands actually running. If it's spawning another process then that could
be taking control of the conhost used by WinRM keeping the Ansible wrapper
process still running in the backround. Otherwise if you are just running
win_shell commands with long running tasks as async and fire and forget
then they will eventually build up and take over all resources.