Hi Dick,

Thanks for pointing, i tried what was given on the examples but still
getting same error.
Ansible documentation suggests to use ProxyCommand instrad of delegate_to
and i suspect that may be the cause of this issue.
As per documentation, below is the Proxycommand syntax recommended (The
network module will now connect to the network device by first connecting
to the host specified in ansible_ssh_common_args, which is bastion01 in the
above example). But iam not sure what is bastion01 or what i should replace
it with in my script.

Below is the playbook output when run with 4 verbosity and error only
heitens my above suspicion.
[nxos:vars] ansible_ssh_common_args='-o ProxyCommand="ssh -W %h:%p -q
bastion01"'
I ran the playbook with 4 verbosity and below is the error logs.

 File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 557, in create_connection
    for res in getaddrinfo(host, port, 0, SOCK_STREAM):
fatal: [R1 -> localhost]: FAILED! => {
    "changed": false,
    "elapsed": 300,

Regards,