Le 24/02/2021 à 22:18, Jon Forrest a écrit :
On 2/24/2021 12:42 PM, Sam Doran wrote:
Jimi actually did this a while ago <https://github.com/jimi-c/ansigo> to see if there were any benefits.

I wasn't aware of this. Thanks for the reference.

In the end, there was no real benefit to moving to Go since most of the time the control node is waiting for code to execute and return results from the managed nodes.

I'd like to learn how complicated the playbooks and host files were that
he used for the experiment. As I said, in small environments I wouldn't
expect much of an improvement. But, I once worked at a place that had
~1,000 hosts and a very complicated group structure where I think a
compiled language would have made a difference on the controller.

First things to try are :

- Playing with the number of forks on the ansible config (https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/user_guide/playbooks_strategies.html#setting-the-number-of-forks)

Another way to speed up but with some CAVEATS is to use some material of mitogen

https://mitogen.networkgenomics.com/ansible_detailed.html

Regards,

JYL