Neither
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/installation_guide/intro_installation.html#installing-and-running-the-devel-branch-from-source

nor
https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/dev_guide/developing_modules_general.html#common-environment-setup

doesn't mention anything about needing to install ansible.posix separately
from Ansible. And I thought that the ansible.* collections were actually
part of Ansible itself, so you would not need to install them in the first
place. Am I missing something? Is that only true of packaged Ansible and
not true for a git clone?