Hello Ansible community,

I am new to the world of configuration management software (infrastructure
as code). I currently manage a small Linux environment with 25 Linux
servers and wanted to ask if there are any useful use cases to regularly
deploy patches to the 25 Linux systems?

In my opinion, due to the Infrastructure as Code approach, almost every
small requirement should be covered or are there any limitations?

In general, I would like to cover the following points with Ansible:
1. preselect patches to be installed -> I as administrator decide which
patches go to which systems.

2. divide the 25 systems into different groups to patch not all systems at
once but staggered.

3. release patches automatically for certain clients with a scheduled
interval (e.g. weekly).

4. check the patch status of each client. Which client is missing which
patches and which are up to date.

Would these points be covered or is a configuration more suitable for other
use cases?

Thanks for the support

Best regard,
Silvan