Hi Dick,

Sorry i didn't frame my question properly. What i want to check is the
number of entries in the output matches with the entries after IOS upgrade
& reload.
I wrote the below script but i don't think it would help this script
compares the whole output and not just the no. of entgries. Since the timer
in secs would keep chaging, this script will always show wrong result. Any
other suggestion you have?

 name: GATHER SHOW VERSION
      ios_command:
        commands: "show cdp nei"

      register: show_cdp

    - debug:
        msg: "{{ show_cdp.stdout_lines[0] | list }}"

Thanks,
Vikram