Hi Brian,

Below is my playbook. As yoiu can see, i am gathering device facts (using
ios_facts) and saving the output of a output in a custom variable. I have
the given the contents of file saved by fact cache plugin below the script,
as you can see only the ios_facts output is saved.
I changed fact cache pluigin from jsonfile to yaml, still the same issue
which makes me suspect that me upgrading to ansible 2.11 with pythin 3.7
from ansible 2.9 with python 2.xx might have introduced some issue.

---
- name: PLAYBOOK FOR UPGRADE TASKS
hosts: TESTFIREWALL2
gather_facts: false
connection: network_cli

vars:
ansible_network_os: asa

tasks:
  - name: Gather all legacy facts
    cisco.asa.asa_facts:
      gather_subset: hardware

  - name: GATHER BOOT INFO
    asa_command:
      commands: "sh run boot system"

     register: show_bootinfo

root@XX:/tmp/facts_cache# cat  TESTFIREWALL2

{

    "ansible_net_api": "cliconf",

    "ansible_net_asatype": "ASA",

    "ansible_net_device_mgr_version": "7.18(1)",

    "ansible_net_filesystems": [

        "disk0:"

    ],

    "ansible_net_filesystems_info": {

        "disk0:": {

            "spacefree_kb": 3628400.0,

            "spacetotal_kb": 7192844.0

        }

    },

    "ansible_net_gather_network_resources": [],

    "ansible_net_gather_subset": [

        "hardware",

        "default"

    ],

    "ansible_net_hostname": "TEST-ASA",

    "ansible_net_image": "disk0:/asa9-12-8-8-lfbff-k8.SPA",

    "ansible_net_memfree_mb": 2440607,

    "ansible_net_memtotal_mb": 3868741,

    "ansible_net_memused_mb": 1428134,

    "ansible_net_python_version": "2.7.16",

    "ansible_net_serialnum": "JAD5156XXXXX",

    "ansible_net_system": "asa",

    "ansible_net_version": "9.18(4)4",

    "ansible_network_resources": {},

    "discovered_interpreter_python": "/usr/bin/python"

}root@XX:/tmp/facts_cache#

Thanks,

Vikram