> On 10/14/2021 3:05 PM Sandip Bhattacharya <sand...@showmethesource.org> wrote:
>
> Can you do:
>     ansible [hostname] -m setup

yes, that works

> On 10/14/2021 Jean-Yves LENHOF wrote:
>
> Did you surcharge the python interpreter variable in a config file ?
(/etc/ansible.cfg, ~/.ansible.cfg, etc...)

I had a similar idea nad see an 'interpreter_ansible=auto_silent' in my
effective ansible.cfg- Turning that off does not change anything though

> On 10/14/2021 Racke wrote:
>
> Somewhere the value /usr/bin/python3 must come from ... try to grep for this
> string through all relevant directories.

tadaaa! there was a interpreter_python=/usr/bin/python3 in a vars_file
effective for that playbook which I wasn't aware off. changing that and this
particular problem goes away.

thank you everybody for your input

... I am hanging on the next task now, but that's a different story