On 26/11/2021 11:39, 'Roman Steinhart' via Ansible Project wrote:
Hi Stefan,

probably with openssl or gpg.
See
https://gist.github.com/dreikanter/c7e85598664901afae03fedff308736b
<https://gist.github.com/dreikanter/c7e85598664901afae03fedff308736b>
https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual/x110.html
<https://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual/x110.html>

I mean, I could do this with a basic shell module, but I'm wondering that
there's no module fur such actions.

Hello Roman,

yeah, I guess you need to use the command module (not the shell module) or a
dedicated backup software that does the encryption.

Regards
        Racke

Thanks,
Roman

On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 at 18:50, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <ra...@linuxia.de
<mailto:ra...@linuxia.de>> wrote:

    On 25/11/2021 18:22, 'Roman Steinhart' via Ansible Project wrote:
     > Hi all,
     >
     > I want to encrypt a file on a remote host. I was looking through the
existing modules and couldn't find any that is able to do that?

     > My use case is that I want to create a backup (tar file) on a remote
host, encrypt the backup archive and upload it to some storage.

     > I'm aware of Ansible vault, but it's intended purpose is for encrypting
secrets etc. to use it in the playbook and not encrypting a remote file.
     > Maybe someone has a suggestion.
     > Thanks!
     > ~ Roman

    Hello Roman,

    how would you do the encryption without Ansible?

    Regards
               Racke

ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:ansible-project%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>
<mailto:ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:ansible-project%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/d334642c-5982-480c-a4a1-76f6036131c6n%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/d334642c-5982-480c-a4a1-76f6036131c6n%40googlegroups.com>

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/d334642c-5982-480c-a4a1-76f6036131c6n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/d334642c-5982-480c-a4a1-76f6036131c6n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

-- Ecommerce and Linux consulting + Perl and web application programming.
    Debian and Sympa administration.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Ansible Project" group.
    To unsubscribe from this topic, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/ansible-project/rRD_f5yiVBA/unsubscribe
ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
<mailto:ansible-project%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.