On 06/12/2021 10:50, Lucas Possamai wrote:
On Mon, 6 Dec 2021 at 22:21, dulhaver via Ansible Project
<ansible-project@googlegroups.com <mailto:ansible-project@googlegroups.com>>
wrote:

    __
I have seen something similar with re-running LVM operations and remember they mentioned to add a *force: yes* option (I don't recall the exact wording though) in oder the not fail on re-execution. Wondering whether something alike would help here too.

Hmm that didn't help.

This is working for me, but I think that's ugly.. there must be another way to
achieve this:

- name: Check if {{ data_volume }}is already mounted
shell: df | grep {{ data_volume }}| wc -l
with_items: "{{ data_volume }}"
register: ebs_checked

Hello Lucas,

it is more efficient and less fragile to check "ansible_mounts" fact, e.g.

 when: ansible_mounts | selectattr('fstype', 'equalto', 'ext4') |
selectattr('mount', 'equalto', data_volume) | list | count > 1

(not tested).

Regards
          Racke

- name: Create a new ext4 primary partition for /data
run_once: true
community.general.parted:
name: pg_data
device: "{{ data_volume }}"
number: 2
state: present
fs_type: ext4
when: "{{item.stdout}} == 0"
with_items: "{{ ebs_checked.results }}"

- name: Create a ext4 filesystem on "{{ data_volume }}" (/data)
run_once: true
community.general.filesystem:
fstype: ext4
dev: "{{ data_volume }}"