I have 2 groups created in hosts file as given below. I have a playbook
consisting of 2 plays - the 1st play will be executed on IP in
'ACTIVEFIREWALL' group and 2nd play will be executed on IP in
'STANDBYFIREWALL' group.

Many a times, i have no ip to be give for 'STANDBYFIREWALL' group (so the
ip portion remains blank but everything else mentioned below remains on
hosts file). So the 2nd play just stops and does nothing until timeout.
However when i delete the entire 'STANDBYFIREWALL' group from inventory
file, Ansible ignores the 2nd play containing 'STANDBYFIREWALL' group and
moves on.

Is there any ways i can make Ansible to move on without deleting
STANDBYFIREWALL group from hosts file when there is no IP to give?

[ACTIVEFIREWALL]

FW1 ansible_host=10.224.240.241

[ACTIVEFIREWALL:vars]

ansible_user=username