Roberto,
Sorry, I think worded this question wrong.Ansible's 'remote_tmp' directory that
can be modified in the 'ansible.cfg'is what I need to be able to modify on a
per task basis....preferable within the task file.

I know it can be set per host in the host file with Ansible versions
>=2.4.Right now, I have to work with Ansible 2.3.2.  I can't find a variable or
an environment variableto modify the 'remote_tmp' dir at a task level.
So I would want something like this - which I haven't found a way in 2.3.2 yet:

- name: Create Temp Dir
  delegate_to: localhost
  file:
     path: "{{ my_temp_dir }}"
     state: directory  vars:     remote_tmp: "{{ new_remote_tmp_dir }}"

Thanks again!

    On Tuesday, January 18, 2022, 12:04:17 PM EST, Roberto Paz
<rjr...@gmail.com> wrote:

 If you are using a variable like "my_temp_dir", then you can overwrite it
before each task using something like:
- set_fact:    my_temp_dir: "new_value"
as a separated task.
However, if the variable is provided at runtime as an extra var, some
additional considerations should be done regarding value precedence.
El martes, 18 de enero de 2022 a la(s) 11:30:14 UTC-3,
chris.mcd...@sbcglobal.net escribió:

I am running some tasks with delegate_to. When those tasks run, they use the
same remote_tmp directory setup from the ansible.cfg.  However, due to
permissions and directory size issues, I need to change the remote_tmp
directory for tasks that I am using delegate_to for.
Example:
- name: Create Temp Dir
  delegate_to: localhost
  file: