It's definitely not so simple, there are numerous complexities around the
worker model used in Ansible and it is heavily reliant on `fork()` to
provide some features that improve the performance. The use of `fork()`
wasn't chosen to annoy Windows users by not being supported there but how
the worker process model was designed originally. As mentioned in the blog
even if we removed the use of fork (not trivial at all) there are numerous
other problems when it comes to running Ansible on Windows as a control
host (all explained in the blog).

The other reason why this has become less of a problem today is the
introduction of WSL on Windows. This gives Windows developers a pretty easy
to use setup for running Ansible on Windows without having to completely
rewrite the internals of Ansible. While it's not native it is good enough
and solves a lot of the other problems with trying to run on a non-POSIX
host by being a POSIX host itself. Windows 7 users are out of luck, there's
nothing I can really say there except move to a newer OS, Windows 7 is EOL
and you cannot keep expecting people to support stuff that is EOL.