Hi all,

Anyone knows why is apt behaving differently here? I have this var

fonts_packages:
  - ttf-wqy-zenhei
  - fonts-takao-mincho
  - fonts-indic
  - ttf-wqy-microhei

and simple task:

- name: install additional fonts
  apt:
    name: "{{ fonts_packages }}"
    state: present

 passing the list to apt.

That works in Ansible 2.4.4 as expected:

    "invocation": {
        "module_args": {

            "name": [
                "ttf-wqy-zenhei",
                "fonts-takao-mincho",
                "fonts-indic",
                "ttf-wqy-microhei"
            ],
            "only_upgrade": false,
            "package": [
                "ttf-wqy-zenhei",
                "fonts-takao-mincho",
                "fonts-indic",
                "ttf-wqy-microhei"
            ],

But in 2.5+ fails because:

fatal: [hostname]: FAILED! => {
    "changed": false,
    "invocation": {
        "module_args": {

            "name": "['ttf-wqy-zenhei', 'fonts-takao-mincho',
'fonts-indic', 'ttf-wqy-microhei']",
            "only_upgrade": false,
            "package": [
                "['ttf-wqy-zenhei'",
                " 'fonts-takao-mincho'",
                " 'fonts-indic'",
                " 'ttf-wqy-microhei']"
            ],
    },
    "msg": "No package(s) matching '['ttf-wqy-zenhei'' available"
}

I'm passing a list to apt "name" parameter as per the documentation.

Thanks

--

* *

Know Your Customer due diligence on demand, powered by
intelligent process automation

Blogs
<https://www.encompasscorporation.com/blog/>  |  LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/encompass-corporation/>  |  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/EncompassCorp>

Encompass Corporation UK Ltd  |
Company No. SC493055  |  Address: Level 3, 33 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, UK,
G2 6NL

Encompass Corporation Pty Ltd  |  ACN 140 556 896  |  Address:
Level 10, 117 Clarence Street, Sydney, New South Wales, 2000

This email
and any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity named above and may contain confidential information.

If you are
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this email is prohibited.

If received in error, please notify us
immediately by return email and destroy the original message.