Hi,
I'm running Ansible --version

ansible 2.10.8
  config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
  configured module search path = ['/root/.ansible/plugins/modules',
'/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules']
  ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/ansible
  executable location = /usr/bin/ansible
  python version = 3.10.4 (main, Apr  2 2022, 09:04:19) [GCC 11.2.0]
root@ansible:/etc/ansible#

on Ubuntu 22.04

I installed the community.general collection using :
 ansible-galaxy collection install community.general

and I'm getting the following:
[WARNING]: Collection community.general does not support Ansible version
2.10.8

which doesn't makes sense because the install page says "Installing
collections with ansible-galaxy is only supported in ansible 2.9+" but my
ansible version is 2.10.8 so why the warning ?

when it mail module is called in the play book I get :
fatal: [server1]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The module mail was redirected to
community.general.notification.mail, which could not be loaded."}
fatal: [server2]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The module mail was redirected to
community.general.notification.mail, which could not be loaded."}
fatal: [server3]: FAILED! => {"msg": "The module mail was redirected to
community.general.notification.mail, which could not be loaded."

given the warning this is not a surprise..

How do I get the mail module to work with my current version of Ansible ?