Hi Ansible group,

I am working on constructing a workflow Template using Ansible Tower 3.8.3
with Ansible ver. 2.9.27.   The workflow Template consists of just two job
Templates, each one with code residing in separate repos.  I created an
Inventory in Ansible Tower with a Source "InventorySource - VMware
deployments" that contains the vmware_vm_inventory plugin under Source
Variables.

---
# plugin: community.vmware.vmware_vm_inventory
plugin: vmware_vm_inventory
validate_certs: False
with_tags: False
groups:
  vmware: True
properties:
- 'name'
- 'config.name'
- 'guest.ipAddress'
hostnames:
- 'config.name'
filters:
- config.name == "at-test-vmt03t"

The first job Template runs without error, inside and outside of the
workflow Template.  The InventorySource is picking up the host group
"vmware" and the host "at-test-vmt03t", placing these objects
appropriately.  However, I need to manually sync the Inventory for these
objects to be picked up.

The second job template cannot find the host group, "hosts: <host_group>"
to execute the second job Template against. I also tried a variable given
in the Survey for the ip "hosts: "{{ private_ip }}".  I also have tried
using the set_stats module but I found this doesn't work either.  What am I
missing here?

Thanks!