we have trouble at times to access a git repository with config files directly
from an ansible host.

As workaround we get_url the file to the ansible controler (delegate_to:
localhost) and then copy it to the remote target in a second TASK.

There has been some hassle with git tracking those temporary files and we want
to gitignore them in the future. Is there any common procedure or best practice
for such a scenario?
The first idea we came up with was to add a .temp directory inside the ansible
folder and gitignore it's contents.