On Mon, Nov 7, 2022 at 11:19 AM Matt Martz <m...@sivel.net> wrote:

> Hi all- we're happy to announce the general release of:
>
> - ansible-core 2.14.0
>

> How to get it
> -------------
>
> $ python3 -m pip install --user ansible-core==2.14.0

For RHEL, this does not work on RHEL 7. python 2.7 is the default, and
the python3 package is python 3.6, too old to use.

For RHEL 8. RHEL 8 needs:

RHEL 8 needs this:

    sudo dnf module enable python39
        # because RHEL chose to use modularity for python, despite the
problems it causes
    sudo dnf install python39 python39-pip
    pip3.9 install --user ansible-core==2.14.0

The "python3" instructions work for RHEL 9 and Fedora, which have
recent enough python releases by default.

And I have, as so often lately, updated my RPM building tools at
https://github.com/nkadel/ansiblerepo/ . Building docs associated with
the packages requires an up-to-date sphinx, which is not available as
RPMs for RHEL 7 or RHEL 8, and I'm not going down the conflicting
dependency rathole to build those up. I'm a bit disappointed that Red
Hat does not publish a python39-sphinx for RHEL 8, but it's more work
than I want to take on.