Here's /my/ solution. Whether you wish to go there is a different question.

---
- name: Prady A example 1
  hosts: localhost
  vars:
    is_usa: true
  tasks:
    - name: Install packages with logical list
      ansible.builtin.package:
        # requires "ansible-galaxy collection install utoddl.logical"
        name: "{{ rpms | utoddl.logical.logical }}"
        state: present
      vars:
        rpms:
          - vim
          - lvm2
          - if:
              - and:
                  - "{{ is_usa }}"
                  - "{{ ansible_distribution_major_version | int <= 9 }}"
              - xyz

See https://galaxy.ansible.com/utoddl/logical for details and examples.

Now I don’t want to install xyz PACKAGE for RHEL 9 server only then I ve to rewrite the separate code for xyz package like below or any optimization is possible in the existing code
———
package:
   name: “{{ item }}”
   state: present
with_items:
 - xyz
when:
  - is_USA
  - ansible_distribution_major_version| int <=9

——-
Regards

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Ansible Project" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ansible-project+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAEuB3ApnYr7ZqRnLLCBBbnDbbTJonS90gud_GEmVp8XaQJqhng%40mail.gmail.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ansible-project/CAEuB3ApnYr7ZqRnLLCBBbnDbbTJonS90gud_GEmVp8XaQJqhng%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

--
Todd