Instead of looping over all interfaces and applying a condition to each
iteration, you can also filter the list to not include those names.
It will be cleaner for your output as well. So instead of:

with_items: "{{ ansible_interfaces }}"

You could do:

with_items: "{{ ansible_interfaces | reject('search','^veth')  }}"

Dick