I have also been having trouble getting FTP to work.
I downloaded NetComponents.jar and added it to the classpath, but I am still
getting the error
that the task is not in the list of task class definitions.

The following is the command I am using to invoke ant:

java-classpath
/home/bldadm/bldrel/bldhome/lib/NetComponents.jar:/home/bldadm/bldrel/bldhome/lib/ant.jar:/home/bldadm/bldrel/bldhome/lib/jaxp.jar:/home/bldadm/bldrel/bldhome/lib/parser.jar:/usr/java/lib/classes.zip
-Dant.home=/home/bldadm/bldrel/bldhome org.apache.tools.ant.Main -buildfile
config/sys_r1.xml -logfile log/build_sys.log <target>

Any additional suggestions?