At 01:19  10/1/01 -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>But, it's a bit messy to have ant.jar, jaxp.jar and parser.jar in my
$CLASSPATH,
>so I tried changing the wrapper script a bit to invoke the java engine
with the
>-Djava.ext.dirs property set to point to the directory which contains those
>jars.  When I attempt to run ant this way (regardless of whether ant.jar,
>jaxp.jar and parser.jar are explicitly in my $CLASSPATH), I get the following
>output:

expected behaviour. The reason is that things on the bootclasspath/ext-dirs
are loaded by primordial classloader while your standard classpath is
loaded by another classloader that extends primordial. Consequently ant.jar
can not *see* tools.jar.

>Reading back through postings about this issue, the only solution given
seems to
>be to make sure that $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar is in my $CLASSPATH.  Well,
that
>jar file IS in my $CLASSPATH here, and ant is still confused about which
>compiler I want to use and where it's located.
>I've also tried putting $JAVA_HOME/bin at the very front of my $PATH,
which also
>didn't help.

Well start with a clean script again and you should be able to make it work
by going

set ANT_HOME=...
set JAVA_HOME=...

Cheers,