From: Shamberger, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 2:49 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: instability in ant

Hi,

A little more info:

Using: windows 2000 sp1
       jdk1.2.2
       jikes compiler
       ant1.3 Jan 8, 2001

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Shamberger, Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2001 2:41 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Hi,

I have an ant build that uses about 70 targets mainly calling the javac and
ejb-jar tasks.  The build is failing on the same target every time on my
windows machine.  When I run the build a second time it picks up where it
left off and finishes.  I had originally thought it may be due to a problem
with Clearcase dynamic views, but I then created a snapshot view and had the
same problem.  It seems that there is some sort of instability in ant.
Another strange thing is that it only has the failure on about half of the
win2k development machines at my company.  Has anyone else seen this type of
instability?  Any suggestions for windows parameters that I can change?

Thanks,
Mike