From: Rick Szeto [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 11:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Deleting directories

Jeff,

    You can not "delete" CVS directories, unless you do it forcefully(but
very
ugly and may lead to repository inconsistencies later). Here is why: CVS
must
maintain it's full history and if you delete directories, it will not be
able to
retrieve files from that storage. The solution: When using checkout or
updates
add the -P switch to remove empty CVS directories.

Rick