Title: RE: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3
That's a big one, thanks.  Perhaps I just need to figure out a way to structure my build script so that I can easily switch between Jikes and Javac.  Does anyone have any insight on this?

Ken
-----Original Message-----
From: Gollapudi, Amit [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:51 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: jikes and Ant vs. javac 1.3

A potential problem that may or may not impact you is Jikes's integration with JPDA.  If you compile your code with Jikes, you will not be able to debug your code using JPDA-compatible debuggers.  In general, if you use debuggers, Jikes has been known to cause problems.  This is listed as one of the known issues/bugs but no one seems to know of a way to fix it.

Amit