Yes Dianne you deserve a pat on the back, I have got in the habit of never
deleting anything you have replied to. Others take note!!

-----Original Message-----
From: David Scassa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 3:28 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Build ID Generation

You're a genius!

:)

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 4:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

You can use the <propertyfile> task (it was easier to do it than it
would've been to explain it :)
  <target name="setBuildNo">
    <propertyfile file="build.properties">
      <entry key="buildno" type="int" default="042501" operation="+"
pattern="000000"/>
      <entry key="testbuild" value="Build_${buildno}_T"/>
      <entry key="prodbuild" value="Build_${buildno}_P"/>
    </propertyfile>
    <property file="build.properties"/>
    <echo message="Test-build number ${testbuild}"/>
    <echo message="Production-build number ${prodbuild}"/>
  </target>

Diane

--- David Scassa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Can someone post an example of the following:
>
> 1. Generate a build-specific ID tag upon standard execution of a compile
> target.
>
> To be more clear: I have no problem generating a TimeStamp, but I don't
> know
> how to generate
> a numbered build. (e.g. Build_042501_T for test build, or Build_042501_P
> for
> production build.)
>
> Now, I'm not asking anyone to do my work for me, so a push or hint in
> the
> right direction is enough for me to get me started.
>
> I would like to use Ant and java-related tasks instead of the usual
> CYGWIN
> toolset and Perl. I have a myriad of .sh,.pl, and .cmd scripts that rely
> on
> the CYGWIN toolset. I'd like to get away from this dependancy.
>
> -David

=====
([EMAIL PROTECTED])