I guess you could use -mx512m to tell the compiler to use 512Mb of memory.
ss

-----Original Message-----
From:   Mike Pedersen [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, May 03, 2001 3:20 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        out of memory with javac

Hello all, I'm attempting to compile a project which contains about 1300
source files on solaris.  When using ant 1.3 or 1.4latest alpha I get the
following error.
     [javac] The compiler has run out of memory.  Consider using the
"-J-mx<number>" command line option to increase the maximum heap size.
     [javac] Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

Smaller projects build successfully on this configuration.  I've noticed
that the javac task doesn't have a maxmem option like the javadoc
task.  I'm wondering what the best way with in ant would be to increase the
available memory?  This project does build successfully on my Windows box.
Thanks much for any help.