--- Rajkumar Seth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I tried this based on the  example code and it does not seem to do
> anything.
>
>  <javac srcdir="${build.classes}"
>         destdir="com/gerrard/equities/reconciliationserver/"
>         classpath="${classpath}"
>         debug="on"
>         deprecation="on"
>         includes="utils/JVMFunctions.java,utils/NetworkFunctions.java">
>     </javac>
>
> Does anyone have an example of a JAVAC that builds 2 files in a package
> with more than 2 files and then builds the rest of the package?

You need to have the srcdir package hierarchy and the destdir package
hierarchy match, in order for <javac> to be able to find the classfiles
for the source-files (so it can determine whether the classfile exists and
is newer than the source). In other words, if I have a source-tree that
looks like:
  /home/dianeh/src/java/com/fozbod/utils/{*.java}
and I want my classfiles to go into:
  /home/dianeh/classes
then my <javac> srcdir and destdir attributes should point up to, but not
including, the first subdir of the package hierarchy:
  srcdir="/home/dianeh/src/java"
  destdir="/home/dianeh/classes"
and my includes attr would list the two filenames I wanted to include,
beginning with the package hierarchy:
  includes="com/fozbod/utils/Foo.java, com/fozbod/utils/Bar.java"

Note1: Even if you specify only certain files to compile, the Java
compiler may well decide it's going to compile more than that.
Note2: I would never actually hard-code in all those paths :)

Hope this helps,
Diane

=====
([EMAIL PROTECTED])