Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> Eric Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, the resolvers always require the DTD to be found if they are
> > mentioned in the doctype eventhough they are not validating.
>
> Sure, my suggestion was to not use a DOCTYPE at all in a simple, known
> to conform project file. 8-)

Hi Stefan,

I use emacs with psglms as an XML editor. With a doctype, psgmls parses
the dtd and makes all the tags and attributes available via the menu in
context. psgmls on an empty document gives only the "project" element as
an option. Inside the project it gives "target" "property" and five
others. It also does tag highlighting. BTW, the antstructure tag is
great as I always wanted the DTD for the reasons above.

Using an external parser such as nsgmls allows the build.xml file to be
vaildated before running to check for errors. For people without a
parser, you could provide a -validate option so the ant parser could
find problems with the build file before the ant system did. That might
be a very nice enhancement - just call the parser in validating mode?

Thanks,
Eric