From: Conor MacNeill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 5:53 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: depend task ...

No.

The depend task will remove class files which are out of date with respect
to some source file upon which they depend. So if A.java is out of date and
another class depends on A, that other class' classfile will be removed.

Javac's and Jikes' depend options, where they are actually present, work the
other way around - when compiling A.java, they will compile any other out of
date files upon which A.java depends. Classes which depend on A will not be
recompiled.

Conor