Interesting. You are the second person to describe this but I think I like
your explanation better ;) (Made more sense to me).

When we talked about this last time we talked about a "File Aspect" that
was applied to tasks. Ant2 will support this approach but will require some
support from task writers. It would be interesting to try but I don't think
there is any plans to do that at the moment.

Cheers,

Pete