HI,
    I have the same problem too ...
and I am using a WinCvs client which has a CVS.exe in its ...

My Path variable shows ... ()
PATH="C:\Program Files\GNU\WinCvs 1.1"...

C:\CVS1\builder\build.xml:40: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/dept/cvs checkout client e
or=2
--- Nested Exception ---
java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: cvs -d
:pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/dept/cvs checkout client error=2
        at java.lang.Win32Process.create(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Win32Process.<init>(Win32Process.java:66)
        at java.lang.Runtime.execInternal(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:551)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Execute$Java13CommandLauncher.exec(Execute.jav
a:509)
DO I have to set this PAth entry from inside the build.xml file ?
I set it in the system variables for Windows 2000, started a new cmd session
and ran ant there ...still does not work(command comes up fine if I run it
on the command prompt).

Regards,
Viraj Purang