Title: RE: depends vs. antcall

Many people have said that depends is better.  In general I agree, but there is one case where you might think you need antcall, that I would like to address.  If you have a target such as:

<target name="complex">
 <!-- Do Some processing -->
 <antcall target="some common functionality"/>
 <!-- Do Some more processing -->
</target>

You might think you need antcall for this.  It would be easy to break this into three dependent targets, like:

<target name="simple1">
 <!-- Do Some processing -->
</target>
<target name="some common functionality">
 <!-- Do Some common processing -->
</target>
<target name="simple2" depends="simple1, some common functionality">
 <!-- Do Some more processing -->
</target>

The result leaves me wondering what the purpose of antcall is?

Patrick O'Hara
262-408-3849
[EMAIL PROTECTED]