I don't know whether to celebrate or cry :-)

Sigh... yet another time-consuming problem fixed with a simple solution.  Thanks Conor!

Kyle

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/10/01 09:17AM >>>
Ok,

The service pack jar, weblogic510sp8.jar, must come before weblogic\classes
or you get the old code, not the service pack code..

That is the difference between the two commands and also explains the DTD
problems.

Conor

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kyle Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 10:53 PM
Subject: Re: DTDs & wlrun (Weblogic 5.1)

Service pack 8.

I used the -debug switch.  As far as I can tell, they are being started,
for the most part, identically.  Here's the cut-n-paste (with a bit of
formatting for readability):

====
ANT
====
[wlrun] Forking java -ms64m
                                -mx64m
                                -Djava.compiler=NONE
                                -Dweblogic.home=.
                                -Dweblogic.class.path=D:\weblogic\license;

D:\weblogic\classes;

D:\weblogic\myserver\serverclasses;

D:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp8.jar;

D:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;

D:\Dev\jars\adf.jar;

D:\Dev\jars\appServer.jar;

D:\Dev\jars\oracle.zip;
                                -Djava.security.manager
                                -Djava.security.policy==D:\weblogic\weblogi
c.policy
                                -Dweblogic.system.home=D:\weblogic
                                -Dweblogic.system.name=myserver
                                -Dweblogic.system.propertiesFile=weblogic.p
roperties
                                -classpath D:\weblogic\classes\boot;
                                                  D:\Dev\jars\properties;

D:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp8boot.jar;

D:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;

D:\Dev\jars\activation.jar;
                                                  D:\Dev\jars\adf_aux.jar;
                                                  D:\Dev\jars\ldap.jar;
                                                  D:\Dev\jars\mail.jar;

D:\Dev\jars\modelView.jar;
                                                  D:\Dev\jars\rowset.jar
             weblogic.Server

================
STARTWEBLOGIC
================
d:\jdk1.2.2\bin\java -ms64m
                              -mx64m
                              -classpath
d:\weblogic\lib\weblogic510sp8boot.jar;
                                                d:\weblogic\classes\boot;

d:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\rowset.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\adf_aux.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\modelView.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\ldap.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\activation.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\mail.jar;
                                                d:\dev\jars\properties
                              -Djava.compiler=NONE
                              -Dweblogic.class.path=d:\weblogic\lib\weblogi
c510sp8.jar;

d:\dev\jars\ORACLE.ZIP;

d:\dev\jars\adf.jar;

d:\dev\jars\appServer.jar;

d:\weblogic\license;

d:\weblogic\classes;

d:\weblogic\lib\weblogicaux.jar;

d:\weblogic\myserver\serverclasses
                              -Dweblogic.home=.
                              -Djava.security.manager
                              -Djava.security.policy==.\weblogic.policy
                       weblogic.Server

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/10/01 07:59AM >>>
Kyle,

Which service pack? Early versions of 5.1 registered the web-app DTD under
the wrong publicId. For example, the web.xml in my 5.1 examples directory
has this:

<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
1.2//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd";>

As you can see this has the wrong publicID. You can try changing your
webapp to this DTD and see if it deploys. If it does then you will need to
upgrade to a more recent service pack.

With regard to your first problem, run ant with -debug and see how wlrun is
actually starting weblogic. You should be able to compare that to
startweblogic to see where the differences are.

Conor