On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:17, Ming-Fang Wang wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile Java files in two packages, A and B. Some files
> in A depends on files B and vice versa. The question is how I should
> place javac tasks in the xml file. I cannot compile all the files in
> both A and B together, there are too many of them.

Too many? I am not sure I can see that. I have helped setup projects that
compile 1500 files in one sweep.

>When I placed the tasks as below,
>
> <javac srcdir="A" destdir="classes" />
> <javac srcdir="B" destdir="classes"/>
>
> the first task shows error message claiming that some files in package
> B that appear in the import statements in some file in package A are
> not found.
>
> How should I do?

Srcdir should be set to base of package hierarchy. So if your src files are
in "src/java/com/biz/foo/*.java" (and their packages names are com.biz.foo.*)
then you should have

<javac srcdir="src/java" destdir="classes">
  <include name="com/biz/foo/*.java" />
</javac>

Cheers,

Pete