On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Steffen Euch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> But I want to use this target for modules without a manifest file,
> too.  I've tried to omit the parameter or set it to "" but that
> doesn't work.

If you omit the manifest attribute, you will get Ant#s default
manifest.

> Is it possible to use only one target for both purposes, or must I
> write a second target without the manifest attribute?

You could use the zip task instead - and add the file you'd point your
manifest attribute to using a zipfileset (untested):

<zip zipfile="${DEPLOY_DIR}/${generic.jar-name}"
     whenempty="fail"
  <fileset dir="${PRJ_CLASSES}">
      <patternset refid="${generic.patternset}"/>
  </fileset>
  <zipfileset dir="." fullpath="META-INF/MANIFEST.MF">
    <include name="${generic.manifest}" if="generic.manifest" />
  </zipfileset>
</zip>

Stefan