Butch,

It is impossible to know the full extent of Ant's install base, but I can
give you some numbers (Thanks to Craig), and some links which may give you
some feel for Ant's usage.

Check this link
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/
It shows the build results for a number of open source projects, all built
with Ant.

Ant has the third biggest mailing list size on Jakarta. The following are
the subscriber numbers for the top 3

              dev     user

  ant         545      986
  struts      695     1434
  tomcat     1092     2250

As far as I can tell, there were about 21000 downloads of Ant 1.3 binary in
July and 23000 in June. Those figure cover just the binary downloads from
Ant's build area on jakarta.apache.org. I have no idea how many users may
share a download within an organization, nor where Ant may be mirrored, nor
how many projects may include Ant in the form of a jar, etc.

So we are averaging about 700 downloads a day for a 5 month old release.

Conor