I believe, if you tell your call to "<java>" (if that's what you're
using) to
"fork", then control should return to ant right away.  (ANT experts, please
correct me if i'm wrong here.  If so, it would be a nice option to have).
If it's a shell command, on unix, append the '&' character to the command.
As far as windows, you'll have to ask a windows expert how to background
a program.

--
Matt Inger ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Sedona Corporation