Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Mon, 06 Aug 2001, Cedric Berger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> >
> >>The include pattern is supposed to be relative to the dir attribute
> >>
> > This is not what the example in the documentation shows.
>
> Not true, but it is a bit obfuscated (the dir is dist.name/.., so
> dist.name is a relative path with regard to that).  I've added the
> following paragraph to the docs now:

Oops, sorry...
I (wrongly) assumed {dist.name} was an absolute path.....

> *Note:* The patterns in the include and exclude elements are
> considered to be relative to the corresponding dir attribute as with
> all other filesets.  In the example above, ${dist.name} is not an
> absolute path, but a simple name of a directory, so ${dist.name} is a
> valid path relative to ${dist.name}/.. .

Great, thanks!

> > java.io.FileNotFoundException: bin\catalina.sh (The system cannot find the path
>specified)
>
> This means, Ant tries to include the file above, but for some reason
> fails to read it - IIRC Java will throw a FileNotFoundException in
> cases where it is not allowed to read a file (because the user doesn't
> have the permission or some other process has opened the file for
> exclusive read for example) as well.
>
> Could you please verify that everything is OK with that file - or the
> directory above?

I'm on Windows 2000, and I'm logged as the Administrator, which
mean there should be no permissions issues here. And I can read
the file without any problem.

> There has also been a bug, that has been fixed in CVS, that would try
> to resolve bin\catalina.sh realative to the project's basedir instead
> of the tarfileset's dir attribute, but you said you have tested it
> with the latest nightly build, right?

Ok, my bad, it works with the snapshoot (98%...)
I guess yesterday I forgot to redefine ANT_HOME.
Anyway, the tar + gzip file is created correctly with the latest snapshot!

Unfortunately, there is still a little glitch with the tar file...
- I can extract it perfectly on Windows with Winzip.
- I can extract it perfectly on Solaris 8 with gunzip + "tar xf"
- I *cannot* extract it on OpenBSD 2.9.

    # gunzip http-proxy.tgz
    # tar xf http-proxy.tar
   tar: Invalid header, starting valid header search.
   tar: End of archive volume 1 reached

Since I use OpenBSD a lot and it's the first time I see this message,
I tend to believe that there is something wrong with the tarball. Any
ideas?

Thanks,
Cedric