Diane,
If you ever want support for this, having spent some serious time
trying to debug a build script, because I hadn't realised that
none of the targets I expected to run were running, you have
my full backing (for what it's worth)!

While searching my ant-user archive for info on how to setup
NoBannerLogger, I also found a suggestion of yours to at least
get ANT_ARGS read as default - any progress on that?

BTW, if anyone needs to know how to run NoBannerLogger, add
-logger org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger to the arguments
of your build

e.g. ant -buildfile build-whatever.xml -Dkey=value -logger
org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger

Regards,
Will Dyke

BBC, unless specifically stated.