Thanks for that pointer, I guess I will use that solution for now.  After
following this thread and doing the exec tests, I think I know what would be
needed to solve this for my own (selfish) needs.

The <ant> task would need to have a fork attribute, allowing the new build
file to be called in a new JVM, which would be started up in the new
location.

Two questions following that:
1 - Is that likely to be a difficult task?
2 - Would submissions adding that attribute be appreciated?

With those words I sign off on this thread, since it seems to me that any
further discussion would have to take place on the ant-dev list.

Cheers,

Magnus