[...]
> I suspect he figured if he made himself enough of a nuisance,
> eventually it would get taken care of for him.

If it is the case, it is probably the best philosophy, professional and
friendly attitude I have never seen.

I don't understand how we can put so much effort into being nuisance to
thousand of users in several mailing lists for days while it takes a couple
of minutes to go to the jakarta web site, click on the mailing list section
and read a couple of lines that show how to unsubscribe.

How can the world be a happy and friendly place with this attitude...
<sigh>

Stephane.