Hi,

Over the weekend we had a dosgruntled employee leave the company and
therefore the password to our development box had to be changed. I have
some code in a "publish" target in my buildfile that handles outputting
(via ftp)  the results of a build to the development server, which we
use as a de facto distribution site for packaging of build modules. With
the old password, it worked fine, but the new password contains a '$'
character and a '^" character, and I keep receiving the error: "Could
not login to FTP server". I have tried escaping the characters in the
password using the standard HTML convention, as well as entering them in
Unicode, Decimal, and Hex format to no avail. Is anyone aware of how
Ant's optional FTP task passes the password to the server? I know the
password works, because I can open an ftp session to the box with the
same User name and Password on my own system in an MS-DOS shell.

Cheers,

Matt